The Official Keeper of the Records For the City of Alma
The City Clerk's office maintains files of all public documents including official copies of the minutes of the City Commission, leases, contracts, agreements, easements, deeds and ordinances. These records are maintained for historical significance and are available for retrieval as necessary. The responsibilities of the City Clerk are numerous, and are defined by state and local statutes. The City Clerk's office is responsible for:
• Management of the City Code.
• Agenda preparation and recording of meeting minutes.
• Providing administrative support to the City Commission and City Manager.
• Maintenance of all board and commission membership lists.
• Legal notices required by state and local statutes.
• Maintenance of legal files (contracts, agreements, deeds, cemetery records, etc.).
• Coordinating Riverside Cemetery interments and marker-foundation placements with the Department of Public Services.
• Administration of all elections.